SHRINERS HOSPITALS FOR CHILDREN – CAPITOL CONCOURSE D’ELEGANCE
Services: Large Events, Market Analysis, Public Relations, Advertising & Social Media Integration, Relationship Tracking
High Level Overview & Goals
Looking to raise the awareness profile for its Northern California location, Shriners Hospitals For Children turned to Coordinex. Based on market research, target demographics and corporate partnership opportunities, we conceptualized and produced the “Capitol Concours d’Elegance classic car show in Sacramento. Prestigiously staged along 2500 feet of the California State Capitol Mall, the event featured gleaming vintage vehicles, live entertainment, fine dining, and moving stories from child ambassadors treated by SHC.
— Raise Awareness across the influential Northern California Market.
— Expand service base and develop long-term relationships with supporters.
— Lay groundwork for future donation appeals.
Challenges and Solutions
Producing a large-scale car show along the Sacramento State Capitol Mall was a novel concept designed to generate publicity buzz, but it also presented a series of challenges. Coordinex’s Event Team managed the complex logistical web of permitting, insurance, security, parking, artist and vendor relations needed to pull off the event in a prime public space.
Marketing & Publicity required careful planning and execution. The Car Show was a brand new style of event held in a non-event location, during the competitive mid-September timeframe. Coordinex responded with a multi-faceted Marketing and Public Relations strategy:
- 1. Developed engaging artwork & text, with customized designs tailored for different markets.
- 2. Closed sponsorship & marketing deals with companies of magnitude, including Coca-Cola.
- 3. Produced a program booklet featuring ads for local businesses, creating grass-roots awareness and an additional revenue driver.
- 4. Placed 24” x 34” collectible Event Posters in local Mercedes Dealerships, reaching an affluent audience.
- 5. Created a Direct Mail Campaign targeting specific buyer personas, featuring 6” x 9” custom designed postcards.
- 6. Collateral Production Brochures distributed to multiple automobile related events.
- 7. Electronic Billboards featured throughout the Northern California market.
- 8. Banner ads targeting Automobile Enthusiast Websites.
- 9. Comprehensive Radio Advertising Campaign on KKIQ, KGO, ESPN, and other outlets.
- 10. Online event calendar & ticket purchase option posted on KKIQ Radio Website.
- 11. Comprehensive Print Advertising Campaign:
- –Sacramento Bee, San Francisco Chronicle, San Francisco Examiner
- –Monterey Car Week, Garage Style Magazine, Cruisin’ News
- 12. Promotional Radio Interviews with doctors from Shriners Hospitals for Children on KFOX and KFBK.
The “Capitol Concours d’Elegance” classic car show benefitting Shriners Hospitals for Children surpassed all attendance and awareness expectations. Although Shriners does not publicly disclose event information, the “Capitol Concours d’Elegance” achieved its long-term strategic goal of continued donor development and expanding its fundraising footprint with an expanded donor network.